Life is a combination of magic and pasta. I was lucky enough to reserve my seat for a special culinary experience with Executive Sous Chef Ravish Mishra and Chef Rajeev Kumar and understand the secrets of cooking Italian cuisines at home as they reveal some of their best kept cooking secrets.
Chef Rajeev gave us insights on various types of cheese and preparation time of Ricotta cheese, mozarella cheese etc also spoke about the principal herbs used in cooking ie. rosemary, sage,chives,parsley,basil etc
Today’s Master Class session we are going to make – Ricotta Spinach filled Tortellini pasta on the bed of mushrooms.
Serving Portion – 1
Preparation time – 30 min
- 25 gm – Ricotta Cheese
- 50 gm – Baby Spinach
- 50 gm – Farina Flour
- 15 gms- Semolina
- 1 no – Eggs
- 5 ml- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 50 gm – Button Mushrooms
- 25 gm- Onion
- 25gm -Asparagus
- 5 gm – Sage butter
- 10gm- Sundried Tomato
- 10gm – Pine nuts
- 1 no – Cherry Tomato
- 2 gm – Cracked black peppers
- Chives for garnish
- Salt – to taste
- Make a mixture of ricotta cheese and spinach with seasoning for Pasta filling
- Make dough for pasta with Farina flour whole eggs, salt, and olive oil keep for resting.Sheet the pasta and fill with the spinach filling.
- Chop mushrooms and sauté with chopped onion in EVOO. Place it as a base for the pasta
- Blanch the pasta in salted water for 8 minutes
- Make a sauce with sage butter, add chopped onion,garlic cook it untill translucent, add chopped sundried tomato and chopped pine nuts. Add chopped parsley and fresh sage. Toss the blanched pasta in the sauce. Place the blanched pasta on the bed of mushroom
- Garnish with butter poached asparagus and balsamic reduction and chop chives and sundried cherry tomato.