Are you wondering why Soy Protein is getting a lot of attention? Protein is one of the most crucial components in your body. Protein is useful for repairing and building tissues. Moreover, protein is good for the building block of cartilage, blood, muscles, bones, and skin.
There are two types of protein, animal protein, and plant protein. For vegans and vegetarians, consuming the right amount of protein is challenging as they cannot eat meat. This is the reason why they are suffering from various deficiencies.
Does this mean you need to eat meat to get protein? Of course, we have a wonderful solution that will help in providing the right amount of protein. Soy Protein is an amazing way to get the plant-based protein that will not only provide us the required amount of protein but is good for our health.
Recently Dupont Health & Nutrition organized Bloggers meet in Mumbai at Courtyard Marriot Hotel to create awareness and discuss the power of Soy Protein.
Everything you need to know about Soy Protein. Let’s Have a look!
Benefits of Using Soy Protein
Soy Protein is not only good for adults, but it is excellent for kids as well. Here are some of the benefits of Soy Protein.
- It is good for weight management- the plant-based protein is useful for improving the composition of the body and short-term appetite. This is also great for reducing the caloric intake.
- Good for Lactose Intolerant Individuals- this is a good alternative for lactose intolerant or dairy protein allergic people.
- Provides Nutrition- it is especially good for kids as it contains nutrients that are needed for growth and development. It can even help in managing hunger and improving the quality of diet.
After taste of Soy Protein
Not a lot of evidence is available that proves Soy Protein is not safe. Though it is proved that short-term use of Soy Protein-based products is safe, the long-term usage or taking a high dosage of this protein is unclear. However, there are many studies showing that it has no or a mild effect on humans.
- Some experts believe that Soy Protein is that it can interfere with mineral absorption as it contains phytates.
- It may have an effect on the thyroid function.
Ways to Incorporate Soy Protein in Our Diet
Now, that you know about the benefits of Soy Protein, you can include it in your diet. There are numerous ways to use Soy Protein as it can be mixed with regular foods. Following are some of the creative ideas:
- Soy Protein can be used in breakfast as it is safe to use with other ingredients. This is why you can add it to your shakes, beverages, and smoothies.
- Another great way to consume Soy Protein is by replacing the regular milk with soy milk. To make it interesting and tasty for kids, you can add chocolate chips or banana.
- If you like Arabian cuisine, you can make Soy Protein hummus and enjoy it with Pita bread.
- A great thing about Soy Proteins is that it can be used as a snack, you can eat soy protein nutrition bars, soy nut butter, or soy nuts.